Saturday 10 November 2012

Below is a story boarded scene that involves both a long take and elements of P.O.V. Ideally this scene would be done with a track and dolly as it offers much more stability for what will be quite challenging focus pulls. Perhaps playing with pans while moving will help get away from the obvious look of a straight track.

POV of killer.

shot, reverse shot conversation sequence


POV track of killer following woman 

Camera stops tracking. Killer walks past camera, into frame - no longer POV

The murdur takes place. Camera starts to track away from the scene, starts panning  to the left

Pan rests on the face of the stalker 
 Here is the second set of storyboards I drew up, the idea that during the sequence when  the killer is looking for the stalker he enters a number of room and flicks the light on, revealing empty room after empty room. I took inspiration for this from looking at Roger Deakin's work in The Shawshank Redemption. As I've shown in my initial research, I really like the way in which light flooding a room can have the effect of seeming almost brutal. An attribute I'd try to mimic.  







No comments:

Post a Comment